Wednesday, April 27, 2016

May Newsletter!

Happy Mother's Day to one and All!!!  
View this email in your browser

It's almost Mother's Day! Are you ready?

Every year for as long as I can remember we started our gardens on Mother's Day!!!  Even if it was something as simple as planting flowers or bulbs--we were out there in the dirt getting something beautiful in the ground.  I don't think others in the Northwoods' use that same timetable--but it is fast approaching!  What about you?  Are you ready?  Seedlings coming up?  Oh my gosh how exciting!  We'd love to hear from you!  What are you doing this year in your gardens?  At this point in our lives we live out in the woods and get so little sunlight that we don't have a veggie garden at all.  How sad is that?  OMG!!!  One year we tried it? and our peppers that decided to grow were barely an inch long.  Beautiful little miniatures if you are wanting a fairy garden--but not what anyone (especially my son, who we were growing all of the peppers we could find for) would hope for!  And, the rest of what we planted that year in medicinal herbs?  ALL got eaten by the deer folk.  ALL. did I mention ALL!!!!  to the nubs.  uggghhhh!  healthy deer!  This year we have our soap in a plastic bag ready to sprinkle 'lightly' on our medicinal plants to see if it works.  either way, it will be what it will be.
For those of you who've kept up to date on my lovely back issues drama--the saga continues.  One lovely procedure later (with a 40% success rate) that pushed me over to the 60% category of not working well at all....and here I am...feeling worse than before the lovely procedure. At this point, I am having circulation issues on top of the back pain.  My legs fall asleep in any position and are numb most of the time.  Makes for lovely walking.  I am feeling more and more like a tree that bends in the wind as I find myself stooping to one side or the other when I do get out and about.  Thank God I don't have anything heavy to carry around... ;)  They have one more procedure scheduled the first week or so of May.  Happy Mother's Day, right?  For 'shyts n giggles' the nurse said last time.  Oh, yay.  Nice to know one's body is a walking experiment.  Anyway.  I am doubly disappointed as I've given my word to be in ceremony this coming week and here I sit waiting for things to manifest.  Life is not always good to you...and as I sit here thinking about how one circle is coming to an end (or so it seems)...wanting to push extra hard to move into the next part of our lives...and it hurts too much to move.  ugh.

One last tidbit before I send this off...we are coming up on our Monthly Giveaway!!!!  Sign up to receive our lovely monthly or so newsletter and you get a free entry!  It's as simple as that!  If you're on our blog site--you can sign up there OR you can sign up on our Facebook page....and let the giving begin!  This month I'll be using a computer generated picking agent so I'm not up in the middle of the night.  And we'll let you know first thing on the first of each month!  Winners will be contacted by myself for your address and we'll ship it right out to you!

Thank you all again for your continued support!  Stop in to see  our favorite shops of the month--Shari at Blue Nature Gifts (we've got product there too!) and Granny Fay at Funky Junk n' More (we may be there at the end of May!--if not, in June!!!)  Also stop over to our Etsy shop and see what's new. This month's newsletter we pulled quite a bit from Earth Day articles that were out and about.  Sorry about that--normally I try to be a bit more original in my posting.  There's been alot of pain this month.  alot.  We hope for a better month in May.....

 Have a wonderful month everyone!
Love and respect!
Sandy
MountainsDreamz



No comments:

Post a Comment