Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mother's Day & Earth Day....happy?

Happy Mother's Day & Earth Day~

Sometimes words are hard to come by and I find myself in one of those times--where it's difficult to talk about all of the Earth changes we've been experiencing of late, especially in light of the upcoming Mother's Day holiday. Yet there are folks popping over to see what I've said on things--finding out what I may know on the subject.  I have after all been spending literally 24 hours a day thinking and praying on these subjects since I stopped working at the paper.  So on I go--and here you are--a few thoughts from just one more world weary traveller...trigger warning.  This does contain a few lessons for you....

Mothers Day


How to bring that all into focus not only for myself and my beloved children--but for my readers.  A time where I should be recollecting all of the wonderful quips and anecdotes my own mother left me with so I can be wise and carry on a strong tradition for my children--especially in difficult times.  But the times I can remember with my mom, especially as an adult, were few and far between.  My mom was not necessarily happy that I followed these traditions--in fact to this day I'm on the black list in my family.  Not that my mom and I didn't love and respect each other--certainly not the case.  My mom loved us tremendously--she just was at times, afraid of me and my path.  So many times there'd be electrical blow outs in the house, freak storms that came and went based on my thoughts, words or feelings, apparitions that appeared, things flying off the wall with no one in the room--so many times.  In her generation, women always had men to lead, and I still find myself single.  A woman's place was behind the man and even though she found a lot of success in the Real Estate field, she still was much more comfortable living near my brother after her divorce--as he was a man. And my path was not always near the family--I've spent most of my adult life what she would call 'traipsing around the country following natives', trying to understand who I was and why these things kept happening to me.  And yet, it's true--I learned these ways from them--not from my mom.  Growing up on a farm I learned gardening and harvesting--skills I love with all my heart today.  Yet traditional native ways, herbal teachings and medicines from Mother Earth all came from being away from my family.  Don't get me wrong--she and I loved each other so much--And she and I were incredibly close--and when I had my children, she was the happiest I'd seen her. Probably thinking, oh yay, maybe she'll become normal. Yet I was more comfortable camping under the stars, making coffee on a fire or living/studying with the Elders. As she was preparing to cross over, I remember her calling and we had one of the most wonderful calls we'd ever had--we talked about hospice and a person's death.  She asked me what I'd learned--all those years away--in order to make her own decision about her life.  I was never more grateful for the training I'd had, than when I was able to share what I'd learned with my own mother.  She passed on not even a month after that phone call--God bless you Mom--Rest in Peace. 9/11/12.

Earth Day  

At this moment, Ecuador is experiencing another quake--a 5.5 that follows their 7.8 a few days ago.  Japan has had numerous aftershocks after its large earthquake, Vanatu and the islands in the Pacific.  People praying desperately not for peace or calm moments--but for the end to come--at least up here in the Northwoods.  And I'm not talking the end of the quakes--or the end of the lies--or the destruction to Mother Earth--but for Jesus to come back and take them away.  We're not here to discuss my religious beliefs although I am sure that by the end of this you will know where I stand on things.  I simply shake my head--at times screaming out to Creator--or sobbing about what I've seen simple, normal working class people do in their quest to make a buck.  She is groaning under the weight of the lies....of the growth people call good...of the destruction as you leave garbage to pile high or push it into the lakes and rivers or plow into her with your pipelines for progress.  Groaning and in so much damn pain--waiting for you to make the choices that are good and right and true.  To stand up to your word and do what you agreed to do while you are here.  


I've heard people praying for peace too--one or two.  Most up here seem to look away, thinking that since I know how to connect, I will do it all for them.  I remember a time in my work history where I would drive my route, going from place to place--and I did sell ads, but we talked about the prayers of the people.  In one place, we were praying about a dog that had been lost.  Another, about a friend who'd gotten out of remission and was not getting treatment for cancer again.  Another, about some dreams about some piers and the water levels--or about a building and who made the plans for it.  In each case as I went from place to place--I was praying with these people--and 9 times out of 10 our prayers for the person or scenario would come to pass.  They got to thinking that I'd be there to make all their dreams come true.  They were having the best years of business ever as the weather cooperated, the people started getting healthy and the dreams started coming true.  The part they seemed to have forgotten about is their words that were said that were part of the prayer.  And on it went, or left, as I took leave for my back pain issues. What other than the occasional ad, did I get from that? I spent my days and nights in prayer. I was able to talk to the people who live up here, find out about the issues they were having and do my best to make things right. You may think right about now--god what a negative person.  But it was good when it was happening, there were so many dreams coming true for people.  And I really did love what I did--and was really good at it. Did I get paid for that part of my job?  No--it is a part of who I am. Too much causal pain?  Perhaps.  Sundancers are different people than any person you meet down the street.  Yes, we all pray--but we are different than you are. Typically we stick together because we understand each other.  Most people pray, they go to church once a week maybe, and say grace at dinner maybe--but they truly do not understand what it is to suffer for another person.  I'm not talking about working hard all week so you can pay the bills and put food on the table.  I'm talking not eat or drink for four days or nights so that the prayers you bring to Creator are heard.  That you take on the suffering so that another doesn't have to.  People out here seem to know I'm different than they are--some even know I'm a Sundancer.
There are even some who use that knowledge and say, oh, if Sandy is suffering for it then I will be blessed. So off I went, carrying a burden for them as I prayed.  And another for the next, and the next.  Finding that after 3.5 years I could barely walk anymore. Bodies can only carry so much.  And what do I do when I'm in that much pain?  I still have a house to run, children to feed, dogs to let out...right?  What does one do to and for a Sundancer? (good questions to have...shoot me an email and if there's interest, I'll share more of that.) 

Is that how Mama feels?  I wonder, or maybe you wonder.  How many years has she carried you, fed you, clothed you? How many of your prayers have been answered thru her?  Are you eating sustainably?  Hunting or fishing for all of your food and clothing? Cleaning up after yourselves or your neighbors?  My son asked me for Subway today--his class is heading up to Land O' Lakes tomorrow to clean things up for the elderly that live up there.  Earth Day is on it's way.  All the kids are going.  Guess who got Subway for himself?Anything to help the folks clean up after the long winter.  But it's not just the elderly that need to clean things up--or get things right with Mother Earth. Maybe it has nothing to do with the folks up here...and yet again...maybe it has everything to do with them.  Right now since we haven't traveled much, these people are all I see.  Either way, Mother Earth is in desperate pain.  I can identify with that. These changes will continue as long as people look the other way...forget their words to each other...continue to lie or deface Her.  Get things right with Her--your place of living--your town--your state--all of it.  Even if Jesus is about to come pick you up and carry you away--Get things right.  Clean up your room before you go.  You're pissin Mama off.  Don't leave a mess behind you as you sit and await the cavalry with stars in your eyes.  Mom's in pain...and Creator knows what needs to be done. Take these warning signs as signals to get off the chair right now and do something--anything--to alleviate the pain Mom has.  
  1. 7.827km SSE of Muisne, Ecuador2016-04-16 23:58:37 UTC19.2 km deep
  2. 5.72km NW of Ozu, Japan2016-04-15 16:45:56 UTC10.0 km deep
  3. 7.01km WSW of Kumamoto-shi, Japan2016-04-15 16:25:06 UTC10.0 km deep
  4. 6.495km NW of Port-Olry, Vanuatu2016-04-14 21:50:27 UTC16.0 km deep
  5. 6.06km E of Uto, Japan2016-04-14 15:03:46 UTC6.0 km deep
  6. 6.27km SW of Ueki, Japan2016-04-14 12:26:36 UTC10.0 km deep
  7. 6.974km SE of Mawlaik, Burma2016-04-13 13:55:17 UTC134.8 km deep

No comments:

Post a Comment