Monday, November 7, 2016

Day 3 Gratefulness Journey

2
Day 3–Bee-ing Grateful
for this beautiful day.  Almost 60′ outside in early November!  All five years prior we’ve seen up to several feet of snow by now.  And I have no yard to plow or shovel this year since we moved closer to town.  I just got in from going to my son’s High School Parent Teacher Conferences and it turns out I’m a pretty good Mama and I’ve raised one helluva son!  The teachers I was able to see had amazing things to say about him–really good student, attentive in class, exemplary leader among his peers, funny, articulate, well spoken and incredibly well thought of.  Wow.  Hobbling from room to room in that huge school was hard on my back and I wasn’t able to complete all of the classrooms–but I’m so proud of him!  Back home now and thinking about tomorrow’s Election day and the last 8 years and all we’ve accomplished.  Prayers that were answered 18 years ago when my baby girl cried hard for her brother.  Now she’s graduated and I’ll be taking her in to vote for the first time ever.  And my son, a sophomore–president of his class–and doing so well with the people of this town.
179482_10150089124335675_1823228_nMost grateful for?  Another day to be a Mom.  I’ve always told my children that before having them I traveled the US all the time, thought only of myself even though I didn’t think I did, and didn’t feel at home.  Once I became a Mama?  Life changed in an instant.  I’d had premonition dreams of my daughter since my early 20’s–spiritual teachers would even see her and gift me things for her arrival when the time was right. Life after children vs. before?  No comparison.  Every day in every way they are both the ship and the rudder–their opinions and choices have mattered even when they were in the womb.  Their spirits shine brightly and I’d do anything for them.  Yes, another day to pray with and for them and do anything I can do to help their dreams come true.
My favorite quote?  Came after my husband passed on while I was learning about the Pueblo people.  I actually have two of them that keep me grounded and remembering our words and our dreams.  Helping us even today to make it through one more day apart from each other.  Helping me to make sense out of the crazy mundane life that surrounds us here in the Northwood’s.
~i add my breath to your breath that our days may be long upon the earth that the days of our people may be long that we may walk as one and finish our road together~
 Laguna Pueblo Prayer
 ~Hold on to what is good, even if it’s a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, Even if it’s a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do, Even if it’s a long way from here. Hold on to your life, Even if it’s easier to let go. Hold on to my hand, Even if I’ve gone away from you.~
Pueblo Indian Prayer
Heading off now to complete some paperwork for my trip to the surgeon tomorrow.  The day is finally here and hopefully going to have some more answers on the pain I’ve been living with.  You all have a beautiful day and night.  Remember to be kind tomorrow–remember to vote too!
One love–11-2

No comments:

Post a Comment